Refrigerators and Appliances
University Generated Refrigerators and Appliances
Examples of appliances include but are not limited to:
- Washing Machine
- Water Heater
- Conventional oven/Microwave oven
- Air Conditioner
- Trash Compactor
- Electric Space Heater
- Division of Physical and Biological Sciences
- School of Engineering
- Contact the School of Engineering Facilities Group at email@example.com or the Facilities Coordinator at 459-5710. They will handle your appliances.
- Campus Housing
- Fill out a Fix It Ticket or contact your local maintenance office. You may get that information from your housing office.
- All other departments/divisions
- First contact your building facilities person and ask them what the process is for appliance disposal.
- If you do not have a building facilities person, then Moving Services can be contracted to handle your appliance disposal.
Non-University Generated Refrigerators and Appliances
- City of Santa Cruz can be found here.
- Washers, water heaters, microwaves, stoves, air conditioners, dryers, refrigerators, etc. are picked up at curbside twice a year in May and November on Appliance Pickup Day. There is a recycling fee.
- These items may also be taken to the Resource Recovery Facility Public Refuse and Recycling Drop-Off Area for a fee.
- County of Santa Cruz can be found here.