Private Vessel Use

If you anticipate using your own vessel for University related work you need to be aware of:

1) You will need to have permission from the UCSC Scientific Boating Committee and the vessel can only be used for the purposes proposed to the committee.

2) Your vessel will need to be inspected by the Boating Safety Officer or his designee and must meet all the vessel, safety equipment and reporting requirements as outlined in the UCSC Scientific Boating Manual.

3) You will need to have at least $500,000 in liability insurance on the vessel and the UC Regents need to be listed as an additionally insured party on the policy.

If you have questions regarding this please contact Boating Safety <>.